Our Operations function oversees the day-to-day functions of our managed hotel portfolio, ensuring that our guests receive an exceptional hospitality experience and that we remain a leader in the hospitality industry.
What will I be doing?
The Coordinator/Analyst, Operations Support - CALA will be part of an evolving team that will require flexibility with ambiguity; the operational and strategic business questions that you will aim to take on are not always clearly defined. Your excellent attention to detail and drive to complete projects through processes will be necessary to success. You will also work with cross-functional teams distributed globally to deliver results to the organization and key partners. You will actively support and execute analysis projects that evaluate operational effectiveness for tasks as directed by Regional Discipline leaders (Operations, Sales, Revenue Management, Finance, Human Resources).
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting for CALA Operations initiatives.
- Handle CALA Operations analytics execution to correct discrepancies and ensure quality.
- Execute special projects.
- Extract reports from multiple sources (e.g. guest experience feedback, employee survey results).
- Define approaches to transform raw data into actionable business insights.
- Apply industry knowledge to explain data and improve performance.
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends.
- Analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators.
- Review and organize data to clearly summarize and present takeaways.
- Identify insights, present stories and develop strategic narratives based on data.
- Use Excel, PowerPoint, Business Intelligence and Visualization tools to craft deliverables that enable effective decisions within supported disciplines.
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to partners within multiple levels of the organization.
- Provide support for the Operations team (Regional Discipline leaders) and assist in activities where necessary.
- Handle any ad hoc enquiries and special requests.
- Participate and attend relevant events and/or meetings where required.
- Host WebEx calls.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting
- Problem solving skills to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data, including financial and budgetary reports
- Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Discretion with sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude for staying calm and effective while handling multiple projects and concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- One (1) year of reporting and analysis experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- High level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Two (2) years of reporting and analysis experience
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS)
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Hotel industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!