Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Workforce Management Optimization Analyst at one of the following locations: Fort Hood, Texas; Omaha,Nebraska; Papillion, Nebraska; San Antonio, Texas; and Eugene, Oregon. The primary purpose of this job is to optimize occupancy, service levels through real-time intraday monitoring, and forecasting for staffing, collaborate with business unit management on scheduling and training, monitor real-time call statistics and assist with ad-hoc reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform continual analysis of incoming work volume (noting recent historical trends) and conduct real/near-time re-forecasting to make necessary adjustments in staffing plans and coordinate with Operations management team to achieve service level goals and business objectives for a multi-site operation.
- Forecast call volume, shrinkage, headcount requirements and average handle time while striving for service level accuracy.
- Provide real-time monitoring via available tools and workforce management techniques to make intra-day adjustments in an effort to maximize resource efficiency and achieve service level goals / business objectives.
- Establish, produce, and maintain call and email volume forecasts on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis for multi-site operation. Provide performance reports to leadership.
- Generates and evaluates staffing schedules, and ensures data updates to systems. Maintains and inputs schedule exceptions.
- Generates short and long-term staffing models and provides recommendations based on analysis.
- Run ad hoc analyses to support “what if” scenarios or other analyses as requested.
- Maintain constant communication with Operations management team to coordinate needed staffing adjustments based on current and forecasted results.
- Compare call and email forecasts with actual results to examine variances, proactively identify scheduling gaps and offer solutions to close them.
- Create staff schedules to handle workload while meeting performance targets, addressing shift needs, schedule availability and off phone time (breaks, lunch, training, leave).
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible workforce management optimization experience in a call center environment. Experience with Verint Workforce Management Optimization software preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of Excel and other windows based programs (Word, PowerPoint, etc) and have the ability to organize/analyze data in a structured manner.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with emphasis on forecasting.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications. Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.