SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.
This part time, seasonal position offers daytime hours in a fast-paced work environment and is located at our laboratory in Brookings, SD. This is a seasonal, part time position in our analytical laboratory, typically starting in September. Duration of the position is based on workload.Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare, label, and sample processing of a wide range of products for testing for food, feed and analytical testing.
- Use scales, grinders and blenders.
- Assist with routine, general laboratory work.
- Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Keep laboratory area and equipment cleaned and organized.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improving customer service.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
Education and Required Skills:
- Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Be a self starter.
- Ability to display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries.
- Able to attend work regularly and dependably.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.