Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory! Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years anchoring experience preferred
- Live commercial television experience is a must
- Strong 'in-the-field and live' skills
- Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
- Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
- Proven social media engagement necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Smooth/pleasant delivery
- Strong writing skills and news judgment
- Sharp video shooting and editing skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Participate in promotional activities including public appearances
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.