Are you a high-energy, customer focused healthcare leader who refuses to settle for good enough? Be empowered to steer progress and translate your passion for transformation into a pivotal leadership position. Seize this chance to make your mark as healthcare continues to change.
About Tower Health
Tower Health is a thriving regional health system in Southeastern Pennsylvania comprised of six hospitals and over 11,000 team members. Tower Health hospitals offer a dedication to care excellence and professional recognition that includes a Level I Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, HIMSS Stage 7, and many other accolades. Elevate your career by leading the Applications Training team in a progressive health system committed to Advancing Health and Transforming Lives. Join the transformation.
The Applications Manager is a full time position with Reading Hospital Tower Health in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Relocation is offered for this position.
Your leadership as Applications Manager will be vital in driving transformation and the evolution of the Epic electronic health record. Your contributions may include:
- Planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the design, development, implementation, support and optimization for the electronic health record.
- Managing teams of ancillary analysts.
- Working closely with supported business partners in order to strategically evaluate, meet and support their operational system needs in order to achieve the organizational goals and missions.
- Evaluating new and existing applications to determine technical requirements, scheduling projects and resources, and monitoring project timelines along with identifying any process management improvements and related efficiencies.
- Responsible for developing, distributing, supporting, enforcing, and integrating best practices and technology standards across the organization.
- Establishing and implementing policies and procedures related to application and system quality standards.
- Facilitating communication from clinical/business partners across health system departments and various informational technology teams.
- Planning and administering operational and capital budget for applications/business units supported.
- Playing a major role in team recruitment, staffing allocation, performance appraisals, and staff development.
- EHR applications leadership experience is critical (clinical, ancillary or ambulatory). Relevant experience in a hospital setting is preferred. Epic leadership experience is a plus but not required.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree. Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Driven, proactive self-starter eager to contribute.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.