Do you have exceptional technical knowledge of the animal nutrition industry? Do you have significant industry-related work experience in sales? Can you develop strong work relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers? Are you a creative thinker who can work autonomously to build a strong business? If you said yes to all of these questions, AND, you are detail-oriented with a solid understanding of the technical nature of sales, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Sr. Account Manager (SAM) will drive achievement of the annual sales budget, while actively participating in a small, collaborative team environment. He/she will leverage their extensive background (training, work experience, technical expertise) in Pet Food, Rendering and Antioxidants for immediate impact. The SAM will build/expand relationships with pet food and rendering company key stakeholders and industry influencers for long term success, positioning the Wilbur Ellis Nutrition portfolio as the brand of choice. He/she will develop and execute a territory plan aimed to position Wilbur Ellis Nutrition as the leading pet food additive and ingredient solution provider. WE team members will work together to identify market trends/needs and contribute to the overall business plan for the long term success of the business. The SAM will be a frequent presenter and is expected to be a leader in the industry.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant industry-related field preferred (ex: marketing, animal nutrition, business management); MBA preferred
- Significant industry-related work experience
- Strong technical knowledge of pet food and rendering production practices
- Existing network in the pet food and rendering industry
- Expertise in leveraging CRM systems and sales pipelines
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time, including overnights
Key Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated success achieving budgeted results
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables Include:
- Develop and implement a plan to achieve the sales budget and targeted individual products/programs
- Leverage technical knowledge and product expertise to create a WE market advantage
- Build & maintain relationships with high priority end-users and industry influencers in assigned territory to drive product sales
- Provide product training, technical support and stewardship, as well as participate in industry events to support the business and the business objectives
- Collaborate with team members to maximize ingredient and additives business results in both the short and long term in areas such as marketing, customer support, supply chain and regulatory
- Build the WE brand into the position of market leadership in the market
- Identify new opportunities for WE to participate in the market with existing and future products/services
- Utilize KPI’s regularly to monitor/report progress toward goals and report on competitors, market conditions, etc
- Identify and leverage market influencers (COI’s)
- Provide territory sales forecasts
- Comply with all WE policies
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- All applicable company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)