Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Operations Manager and is located in Danbury, Connecticut. As an Application Engineer, you will be responsible for performing a variety of semi-technical assignments such as, light design work, assembly, system testing, programming. Coordinate work with other ABB employees to ensure customer commitments.
- Perform semi-technical work on development and production projects, integrating requirements with own understanding of the complete project. Construct component models, as requested.
- Setup customer specific system, program and functional test. Site travel is required from proposal to commissioning.
- Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and products, and record data.
- May perform basic analyses to check reasonableness, prepare test reports and maintain records.
- After and test and experiments, documentation will be required.
- Troubleshoot equipment and apply own knowledge and experience towards the solution of any problems, such as types of repairs or modifications required.
- May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Minimum 2-year associate or 4-year engineering degree required.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of electrical/mechanical experience required.
- Good understanding of electrical schematics and ability to read mechanical drawings. Light to medium proficiency in 2D & 3D CAD is preferred.
- Good understanding of software programming.
- Ability to use shop tools, such as screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, drill press, soldering iron, hydraulic press, cleaning solvents forklift and overhead crane operation.
- Ability to do prototype electrical wiring with good soldering capabilities.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Good verbal and writing ability are necessary for internal communication.
- Good organizational skills with multi-tasking ability.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.