The General is seeking an experienced Appraiser to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Supervisor, Physical Damage, you will be primarily responsible for inspecting and estimating property damage claims in the field while staying in compliance with company guidelines. Responsibilities include:
- Inspect and estimate property damage losses.
- Prepare estimates using estimating software.
- Maintain a daily log of assignments, mileage and expenses.
- Contact insureds and/or claimants on a daily basis to set appointments for the following day.
- Call in total loss evaluation to determine the actual cash value (ACV) of appraised vehicles.
- Investigate availability of alternative part sources when preparing damage estimate.
- Thoroughly document each appraisal procedure to support work performed and the results obtained.
- Handle a variety of minor appraisal tasks on a repetitive basis.
- Track and prepare reports supporting appraisal data to present to management on a weekly basis.