Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2019 America’s Best Employers for Women
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a Diversity, Inc. Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Principal Architect will provide strategic IT leadership in the development of technology strategies and solutions that align with the business goals. The Principal Architect will be responsible for driving the design of converging business platforms and systems applications that will support the organization's initiatives.
This individual is responsible for leading, implementing, communicating and driving the delivery components of multiple and complex projects or programs across multiple business and functional units. This will include managing both development and technology resources to drive the strategy across the Quest Diagnostics lines of business. This individual is also responsible for defining the architecture review process and leads the effective integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes. The different disciplines within the Architecture function are: Application, Data, Enterprise, Solutions, and Infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have experience with design and best practices for deployment of enterprise scale solutions. These solutions are typically focused on supporting operational functions such as HR, Finance, Business areas and workforce collaboration. Platform specific experience with Oracle HCM, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics and eForms is a plus. These can include SaaS and on-prem delivery models.
• Work closely with the business and IT management team to establish the company technology vision and determine technology, information and application strategies and long-term plans
• Develop roadmaps for business applications and technology to achieve business goals while assuring integration with long term business and IT strategic plans
• Identify and develop tools-based solutions usable across the various lines of business
• Understand, advocate and support the company business strategies and lead the evolution of the technology architecture, analyzing and adopting technologies to provide a competitive advantage to the organization
• Lead the evolution of the technology architecture program and team by maintaining and governing the architecture life cycle across the organization
• Define high level technology strategies, establishes processes to select architecture standards, develop best practices for planning, development and integration
• Anticipate and react to technology industry and market trends changes to determine potential impact and opportunities, leading to adoption of new and emerging technologies to maintain leadership in the competitive landscape
• Team with internal stakeholders and external prospects/clients to meet unique technological needs or ensure client/platform meets technical readiness requirements
• Collaborate with corporate IT in the design and implementation of appropriate technology platform to support IT services
• Work with corporate technology in the establishment and adherence to common standards and best practices
• Lead technology optimization and rationalization efforts and leverage existing investments by reuse or consolidation
• Ensure the company's internal technological platforms, processes and customer facing services comply with regulatory expectations and regulations for privacy, security and social responsibility
• Collaborate with the business and corporate compliance department with the assessment and development of business continuity plans
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelors or Masters’ in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
• 10 to 15 years of experience in multiple IT areas and 7 to 10 years of relevant architecture experience.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems designs and integration.
• Ability to multi-task
• Analytical skills
• Ability to follow verbal or written instructions
• Thinking analytically
• Using effective verbal and written communication
• Handling stress & emotions
• Concentrating on tasks, Making decisions
• Adjusting to change
• Examining/observing details
• Sitting for long periods at a time
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates to be interviewed.