Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00
The Director of Architecture will provide strategic IT leadership in the development of technology strategies and solutions that align with the business goals. The Director of Architecture will be responsible for driving the design of converging business platforms and systems applications that will support the organization's initiatives.
This individual is responsible for leading, implementing, communicating and driving the delivery components of multiple and complex projects or programs across multiple business and functional units. This will include managing both development and technology resources to drive the strategy across the Quest Diagnostics lines of business. This individual is also responsible for defining the architecture review process and leads the effective integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes.The different disciplines within the Architecture function are: Application, Data, Enterprise, Solutions, and Infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with the business and IT management team to establish the company technology vision and determine technology, information and application strategies and long term plans.
2. Develop roadmaps for business applications and technology to achieve business goals while assuring integration with long term business and IT strategic plans.
3. Identify and develop tools based solutions usable across the various lines of business.
4. Understand, advocate and support the company business strategies and lead the evolution of the technology architecture, analyzing and adopting technologies to provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
5. Lead the evolution of the technology architecture program and team by maintaining and governing the architecture life cycle across the organization.
6. Define high level technology strategies, establishes processes to select architecture standards, develop best practices for planning, development and integration.
7. Anticipate and react to technology industry and market trends changes to determine potential impact and opportunities, leading to adoption of new and emerging technologies to maintain leadership in the competitive landscape.
8. Team with internal stakeholders and external prospects/clients to meet unique technological needs or ensure client/platform meets technical readiness requirements
9. Collaborate with corporate IT in the design and implementation of appropriate technology platform to support IT services.
10. Work with corporate technology in the establishment and adherence to common standards and best practices.
11. Lead technology optimization and rationalization efforts and leverage existing investments by reuse or consolidation.
12. Ensure the company's internal technological platforms, processes and customer facing services comply with regulatory expectations and regulations for privacy, security and social responsibility.
13. Collaborate with the business and corporate compliance department with the assessment and development of business continuity plans.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
10 to 15 years of experience in multiple IT areas and 7 to 10 years of relevant architecture experience. Expert knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems designs and integration.
Physical and Mental:
Ability to multi-task, Analytical skills, Ability to follow verbal or written instructions, Thinking analytically, Communication, Using effective verbal communication, Using effective written communication, Handling stress & emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Making decisions, Adjusting to change, Examining/observing details, Sitting for long periods at a time