Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly, and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
ABB project managers are at the heart of our organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. You will have the opportunity to tackle some of the most innovative and complex engineering projects in the world today.
The role reports to the Global Product Group Manager. As an Area Field Project Manager, you will be managing projects in the regions. The project coordinator will ensure safe, efficient, and effective project execution to align with company goals.
These roles will be geographically based to support the following coverage areas:
Role 1:Maryland & Delaware
Role 2: New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Assigned to a region to manage service projects including time & material (T&M) and fixed price jobs.
- Work with proposal team to review orders from a technical and commercial standpoint during order entry.
- Ensure customer requirements are in line with ABB contractual obligations.
- Manage the entire project including:
- HSE compliance (SDSP, PICW (Person in Charge of Work)), Ordering materials, managing deliveries, finding vendors for specials needs, receive of material in SAP, tracking material from vendors, and documentation of customer and test reports.
- Developing project schedule including labor, delivery of drawings, execution in the shop, on-time shipment, and invoicing coordination and execution.
- Tracking and ownership of all profits and costs for the project.
- Work closely with finance and service directors to update forecasting tool.
- Own the customer relationship and be the primary contact for all project-related matters including technical inquiries and concerns from the customer.
- Coordinate and resolve technical questions/issues that arise in the field.
- Support and own all aspects of the project to enhance shipped margin opportunities while also taking actions to minimize risks.
- Ensure projects are closed out timely with all costs accounted for.
- Be able to provide status/progress updates to all stakeholders with appropriate level of detail.
- Responsible for quotation and booking of change orders. Initiate price change requests, apply mark-ups, prepare quotations and implement schedule changes, as appropriate.
- Resolve disputes involving invoicing, back charges, escalation, delays, warranty, and cost of quality charges.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in a coordinated and professional way to create a team environment that achieves project success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Business Field preferred, and up to 5 years of relevant experience OR a special combination of education and experience and/ or demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Power delivery equipment, Relay experience, 3 phase power theory, Power systems studies, Managing electrical contractors, Transmission and distribution experience, Power Generation/Generator Plant experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong communicator and a team-oriented mindset.
- Ability to manage multi-projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have a strong reputation for customer focus.
- Must be familiar and have practical experience with SAP, MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other office software.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
- Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Currently authorized to work and live in the US.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.