Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Regional Service Director. As an Area Field Service Manager, you will Lead a team of service engineers and service technicians focused on developing talents and readiness to serve capabilities. Drive service strategy and growth with focus on safe, high quality, timely execution. Work closely with Sales and Commercial partners to develop and/or counsel on world class service offerings, solutions and Projects for customers. Drive service priorities through effective planning and allocation of resources in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
These roles will be geographically based to support the following coverage areas:
Empire District: New York, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island (Preferred location base: Rotterdam, New York)
- Build a strong team of field engineers and technicians across the assigned region, developing talent and skills to provide high caliber Field Services execution on all projects.
- Build strong relationships with customers, Work with Sales Directors to develop go to market strategies and ensure closure on opportunities.
- Develop and work with sales channels and develop new opportunities
- Work with the optimization team to determine training requirements and ensure field engineers/technicians complete on time.
- Maintain all certifications needed across all product lines.
- Work with electrical qualifiers to have a team qualified to work on all projects.
- Maintain all HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) training for the team in the assigned region at a designated time.
- Responsible to cultivate HSE culture, KPI (Key Performance Indicators) performance, and overall compliance to ABB Way.
- Drive Quality culture and execution excellence, customer satisfaction
- Drive cost rigorous cost management and productivity.
- Coordinate with optimization to drive utilization of field resources.
- Help to resolve technical questions and issues from field engineers/technicians.
- Address issues with engineers/technicians and resolve any conflicts.
- Attend all Risk review calls (R1/R2/R3) for your assigned region.
- Execute continuous Performance management to maintain a world-class service organization.
- Work closely with project coordinators assigned to your region.
- Work closely with Area Project Manager to assign correct personnel to all jobs.
- Review all timesheet and expense submittals weekly to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Work closely with ALL ABB entities to drive both internal and external business.
- Work with Comm. /Ops on quotes and provide input to quotes.
- Drive continuous improvement across the team.
- Assign mentors to work with new employees to work on OJT (On The Job Training)assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Field, or at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Strong communicator and team-oriented mindset.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Must have a strong reputation for customer focus.
- Must be familiar and have practical experience with SAP, MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other office software.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
- Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Currently authorized to work and live in the US (United States).
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.