Area Sales Manager, Mortgage Loan Officers
PenFed Credit Union is hiring an Area Sales Manager, Mortgage Loan Officers in Houston, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to manage the daily sales activities of all facets of mortgage sales for Penfed Credit Union.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor the daily/monthly production of new mortgage business in the division.
- Follow up with Divisional Sales Manager to make sure all files are compliant. Communicate approvals to members.
- Ensure the BHHS/PFR realty offices agents are providing excellent service and feedback on all pending files.
- Manage QC findings on MLO processed loans to include making corrections as needed and attending monthly meetings to review results.
- Field incoming member concerns and ensure issues are resolved and members are satisfied.
- Remain current on all mortgage department policies updating staff of any changes or new business so that they remain informed.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the BHHS/Affinity group review quality service and to discuss any issues that may have occurred during the week, seeking resolutions.
- Meet with Divisional managers and MLO sales teams on a weekly basis to keep communication open and consistent.
- Ensure all new business is assigned to an MLO and followed up. This includes the BHHS/Affinity group daily leads. Monitor speed to interact with members, sales activities and progress of leads.
- Review daily pipelines to insure ACL/PQ are compliant and in line with departmental expectation.
- Assist with daily requests from MLO’s in the and in the consumer direct offices including file scenario questions.
- Assist in recruiting, training and continuing professional development of the mortgage loan officers in the field and in our consumer direct and branch locations.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Marketing or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five (7) years’ of experience in Mortgage Sales/Operations is required.
- Demonstrated sales/business development experience and success.
- Strong financial services product knowledge.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain business collaborate relationships within and outside organization.
- Ability to function professionally at many different levels.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.