Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As an Assay Development Associate Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
This professional will work on-site at Marlborough, MA.
Assay Development Associate Scientist, the role:
- Plans, conducts and records results from moderately complex analysis, manufacturing, development or research experiments within a specific product or technology area. Performs laboratory experiments following established protocols and company procedures.
- Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results. Interprets results of experiments and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Works on individual assignments, as a member of a project team, or as a leader of small work groups on segments of projects. Presents experimental results to supervisor or project team members and contributes ideas to improve team processes.
- Identifies problems and investigates alternatives. Follows recommended courses of action. Works with team members and other Business Unit personnel as appropriate to meet department and project objectives.
- May assist in preparing articles and reports for publication or presentation at scientific meetings or to customers.
- May attend technical conferences or seminars. Reads literature in area of specialization to enhance awareness of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures.
- Responsibilities include supporting and complying with the company's hazardous waste management program, including following safe, hazardous waste handling practices.
- Utilizes current field-specific core technologies and approaches to problem solving. Contributes ideas for new product development typically within existing markets.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific discipline. Master's Degree (M.A. /M.S.) preferred.
- Typically requires at least 1 year of prior relevant experience often acquired in an academic or industrial environment with a Master's degree, or at least 2 - 4 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in a GMP or QSR environment preferred.
- Experience with PCR techniques and assay development for molecular diagnostics products is strongly preferred.
- Experience with cell-based assays and immunoassay development within a clinically regulated environment strongly preferred.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.