Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Supervisor Manufacturing - 2 and is located in Florence, South Carolina. As a Assembler 3, you will responsible to setup and assemble electromechanical, solid state and microprocessor-based protective relays, switches and other electronic assemblies. This involves winding and assembly of sub-assemblies and finished parts with small components consisting of such items as capacitors, micro-chips, resistors, transformers, indicators, wires and switches and printed circuit boards in accordance with product specification sheets, drawings and methods, schedules and customer needs. Including circuit board and other relay sub-assemblies relay assembly.
- Ability to work independently.
- Follow methods and drawing information required to assemble relays/switches/electronic assemblies.
- Follow procedures in ordering and receiving material.
- Support quality manufacturing goals, productivity and on-time shipment goals.
- Report material defects and shortage to supervisor or operational specialist.
- Perform assembly and/or test duties as required.
- Maintain tools, equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems and required PPE
- Assistance in identifying and initiating process, method, or drawing updates/changes.
- High School degree plus 5 or more years of related experience in assembly. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret Engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
- Ability to solder.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and electronic component assembly.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.