- Perform skilled bench work to bring complex parts with tight tolerance to customer specifications by sawing, sanding with hand tools and machinery, and adjusting parts, as needed, prior to inspection.
- Drill, rivet and assemble parts to close tolerance.
- Utilize measuring devices to gauge and measure proper specifications and conformity of manufactured parts, as well as, determine necessary steps to correct any non-conformance parts processed. Work with engineers, managers and quality personnel to resolve problems and ensure conformance parts.
- Use and interpret complicated prints, drawing and process sheets to perform a variety of layouts, as well as, complete and sign work orders identifying the operations performed.
- Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of manufacturing background, preferably in Aerospace assembly.
- Ability to operate band saw, drill grinders, drill press, belt sanders, fiber wheels, orbital sander, riveters, brake press.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand complicated blueprints, engineering drawings and documents
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressures while following direction and completing assignments accurately and on time.
- Proficient with computer systems and skills.
- Learn to plan and perform difficult work processes.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment
- Strong organizational skills
- High school diploma or GED required