Barnes Aerospace MRO East Granby has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an assembler. In this role you will perform assembly of aircraft parts using manual machines and hand tools as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions. This position requires experience, initiative and ingenuity and the ability to work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. You will work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Utilize equipment including, but not limited to, specialty power tools, manual machines, and other hand tools to assemble or disassemble parts.
- Deburr holes and edges.
- Study and understand blueprints, including geometric dimensioning and tolerances, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, and sequence of operations. Responsible for the accurate recording of all paperwork and labor entries associated with the position.
- Work from established practices and overhaul manual instructions and procedures to perform a variety of duties to prepare parts for subsequent operations.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- In addition to assembly duties, cross training will be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area in accordance with 6S principles.
- Provide training to others as required.
- 2+ years manufacturing experience or education
- Good mathematical skills and mechanical ability
- Ability to read and interpret manual instructions and procedures
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.