Job ID: 16066
Position work as part of an assembly team having responsibility for creating individual components, sub-assemblies, and final assembly of the entire product. The incumbents are required to perform repetitive manufacturing assembly operations with little supervision.
1. Good communication (oral and written) skills.
2. Presents positive impact within the work group by assisting co-workers.
3. Continuously develop skills through training, observation, and/or through additional education.
4. Demonstrated ability in plasma and laser welding, brazing, soldering, and hand assembly.
5. Experience reading mechanical drawings, process documents, and quality inspection documents.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
1. Safe operating practice in compliance with all site requirements.
2. Perform all assembly operations as part of a cross-functional work cell.
3. Assemble and test Cryocoolers as directed by the Production Lead.
4. Inspect all individual components/sub-assemblies/final assemblies for quality/accuracy.
5. Document and communicate all testing and inspection results in both oral and written formats.
6. Use of jigs and fixtures and other hand-held tools
7. Ability to read and use tools such as: calipers, micrometers, multimeters, thermocouples, oscilloscopes, and relevant powered tools/machines.
8. Safe use of chemicals including solvents, adhesives, lubricants, compressed gases, liquid nitrogen, solder/flux, and cleaners.
9. Basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
10. Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
11. Ability to work independently
12. Ability to receive and follow instructions/processes precisely while paying strict attention to the details.
13. High school graduate or equivalent.
14. Minimal Experience with a strong mechanical aptitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.