Asset Director, Esoteric
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Responsible for driving excellence in Asset Management practices for the Esoteric Operations. Asset Management practices encompass managing the accuracy of Esoteric enterprise asset register from inception of capital purchase to laboratory operations and ultimate disposition via the ACD process ensuring financial compliance while confirming service contract renewals are processed in a timely manner. Oversee overarching asset management strategy is maintained to reduce year over year service contract spend.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide oversight to ensure there is ongoing compliance of asset management system with all applicable and current Internal Audit, Compliance, College of American Pathologists (CAP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Finance and Materials Management, policies and procedures.
• Partner with the corporate Asset Management Leadership team to ensure timely contract renewals are executed following validation of service entitlements and collaborate on Quest enterprise asset management strategies.
• Provide strategic oversight to the multi-site Regional/Esoteric Asset Management team, including Asset & Ancillary Bio-Medical Engineering Management and Asset Analysts staff to champion cost saving initiatives, standardization efforts, and timely execution of locally held service contract abiding by all Quest Corporate policies and procedures.
• Act as liaison between Esoteric Asset Management employees and Corporate Fixed Assets and Procurement Diagnostics Testing Services including but not limited to capital expenditure processing, purchase order issuance, vendor issue escalation and invoice processing.
• Provide oversight to the Asset Management Team to ensure all key performance indicators (KPI’s) meet or exceed targets including capital invoice processing rate, computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) metrics, etc.
• Conduct period site visits to all Esoteric sites and non-Esoteric sites as needed. Evaluate opportunities to visit vendor facilities to enhance service relationships and identify potential service internalization opportunities.
• Effectively manages asset registers through the corporate Enterprise Resource Fixed Assets System (PeopleSoft).
• Develop direct reports in all asset management areas including planning, inventory management and cost analysis.
• Utilizing lean/Six Sigma tools to drive year-over-year reductions in service costs through continuous improvement initiatives while delivering in savings targets.
• Collaborate with Corporate Procurement, Regional Operations Leadership and laboratory departments to develop systems and processes to enhance laboratory asset management.
• Interface with Regional/Esoteric Leadership team members assuring proper asset management support of key initiatives including new business acquisition, major platform changes, new facility start-ups and consolidations.
• Oversee the development of planning tools, reports and information to aid laboratory team in effectively manage and reduce service contract costs.
• Oversee the development and enhancement of Corporate Asset Management policies and practices.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
• Candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Focus in Finance, Asset Management, Business, or Technical field is strongly preferred.
• At least 10 years’ experience in asset management and operations environments.
• Lean/Six Sigma greenbelt/blackbelt certification or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 4 years supervisor/manager experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to form strong team-based relationships with internal partners and internal customers, as well as external parties.
• Knowledge of the diagnostic testing/pharmaceutical industry preferred
• Results oriented. Ability to set high standards and achieve them.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent and purchasing-related systems.
• Able to identify and solve problems / analytical skills
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Sr. Executive And Medical Talent Acquisition Partner
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.