The Assistant Branch Manager II (ABM II) job typically exists in a medium to large size Branch. Under limited supervision, and within established guidelines, assists the Branch Manager and Head of Sales in all assigned areas of Branch operations, with an immediate area of responsibility for the teller line. This position assumes the responsibilities of the Branch Manager in their absence. The ABM II assists the Branch Manager in the achievement of sales goals by supporting the attainment of Relationship Specialist and Relationship Manager cross-selling and referral objectives. The value the ABM II adds to the organization as it allows for immediate approval authority, fills in for the BM, supervisor override for RS and other frontline staff, lowers the decision making authority, allows for in-person, personalized service, and provides opportunities to conduct needs-based sales using referrals for other credit union products and services that support various production goals.
- Plan, organize, assign, and monitor workflow of the teller area to ensure the effective delivery of products and services. Together with Operations management, direct Branch personnel by establishing annual performance goals consistent with the Board-approved strategic and operational plan. Guide staff activities toward the attainment of branch goals.
- Open and/or close Branch in absence of Branch Manager or as required by Branch operations schedule. Perform all required operational and procedural duties, consistent with Credit Union guidelines, related to opening and/or closing the Branch.
- Assist Operations management by providing feedback and recommendations for the recruitment, selection, promotion and advancement, corrective action, and termination of employees. Interview potential candidates for hire, coach, and mentor employees, write up and deliver corrective actions, assess staff performance, and write annual performance appraisals for management review and approval.
- Monitor and maintain the physical appearance of the Branch consistent with Credit Union guidelines.
- Approve overrides, check holds, deposit items, and withdrawal amounts that are above and beyond RS and RM assigned limits.
- Implement, monitor, and ensure compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures in relation to teller operations. Review and recommend changes to Branch procedures to improve efficiencies and exceed member service and sales goals.
- Maintain Branch security by ensuring adequate action plans are prepared and followed in support of the Credit Union’s business continuity plans. Ensure employees are knowledgeable about and follow established daily operating procedures regarding robbery and other disaster responses. Coordinate actions in conjunction with Operations management to restore branch operations and services.
- Orient and train new Relationship Specialists and Relationship Managers, and conduct/oversee operational, service and sales, and compliance training to ensure staff has a thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services. Personally attend all training sessions mandated by Credit Union management.
- Provide for effective member relations by responding quickly and professionally to the more complex, sensitive member issues escalated from the teller line. Use sound judgment when investigating and resolving problems with member accounts, while striving to obtain an equitable resolution and assure a high degree of member satisfaction.
- May guide and direct activities of Relationship Specialists and Relationship Managers in the absence of the Branch Manager. Must be knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and record-keeping requirements related to new accounts and Sales.
- Conduct all daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational, transaction, and fraud audits as required by the Credit Union’s audit checklist, and submit final reports to Branch Management.
- Capable of performing all RS and RM responsibilities and functioning as both as needed.
- Prepare and present reports as requested by branch management.
- Participate in special projects as directed by branch management.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect.
- 3+ years branch operations experience in a Credit Union or financial services industry, including a minimum of 1-year lead teller experience in financial operations, loan experience, regulatory compliance, and overseeing a staff of at least 3 employees.
- Solid working knowledge of financial products, services, and all applicable Federal, State, and NCUA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office machines to include 10-key.
- Proficient with PC and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to access strengths across a diversity of team members; develop skills, knowledge, and abilities through coaching; influence and guide others toward the accomplishment of goals; organize tasks and develop plans within time and resource constraints.
- NMLS Registered
- High school diploma or GED
- Capable of working with frequent interruptions.
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place