Assistant Business Controller
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Assistant Business Controller, your role will involve providing reliable and timely evaluation of the Group’s financial results, budget and forecasts to aid ABB Group management and other stakeholders in decision-making processes.
Reporting into the HUB Controllership organization, you will be responsible for ensuring financial objectives are met through management of cost accounting processes and controls, monitoring performance against business targets, coaching management, decision making, balanced risk taking and making recommendations for actions to align the business with the HUB strategies. Directs and controls financial reporting quality and accuracy, ensuring that the practices of the business comply with group/company policies, external rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Position will be physically located in Warminster, PA.
Ideal talent will be local to the area, however ABB is willing to provide relocation for the right person.
- Strategy: Contribute to the business strategy of the local business unit by identifying areas of improvement and doing SWOT analysis such as competitor and marketing information.
- Performing financial analysis and providing recommendations on investment opportunities, both organic and inorganic in nature; including ensuring that all cost and investment requirements are clearly outlined & understood.
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of strategies and guidelines of HUB and divisional strategies.
- Ensure compliance with corporate & country standards and guidelines.
- Controlling, Risk Management and Business Ethics: Responsible for maintaining complete accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow). Aligns performance with strategies and targets agreed with the respective Local Business Unit (LBU), HUB, PG.
- Responsible for collaboration with management team to establish cost accounting processes to support the business requirements. Support effective and efficient reporting and analysis for local business, as well as LBU, Hub and corporate financial reporting guidelines.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the financial control and processes. Establish review and controlling standard in accordance with global standards and local policies.
- Review and analyze financial and operational performance of the businesses and provide guidance and initiate preventative and corrective actions when needed to drive for improvement of profitability and increase shareholder’s value.
- Manage and closely monitor the cash flow, continuously improve working capital management.
- Ensure the business planning process in the local businesses and be the financial interface to Hub Controller and Local General Manager.
- Provide timely and efficient communication with country controlling, shared service center, and internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of work quality and efficiency of the LBU.
- Ensure implementation of the global risk review procedures and process to minimize the company’s risk and financial exposure
- Provide adequate internal control systems that follow corporate guidance (SOX, Assurance etc.) are in place and followed in the business, taking corrective action when required.
- Contributor on finance projects across the HUB.
- HR and organization development: Lead the local Finance team and work with HR partner within the HR policy to handle all people management issues.
- Encourage people development to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
- Plan, implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility, initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations.
- Bachelor in accounting (or equivalent) and 10 years controlling and accounting experience (or equivalent) in multi-function units or Multinational company including 3 to 5 years cost accounting experience and 2 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SAP, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Good English communication skills.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and success driven.
- Strategic and result oriented.
- Leadership and intercultural skills.
- Preferred Manufacturing Experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.