With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
In the absence of the center manager, this position has ultimate responsibility of entire center operations, including production, quality compliance, finance, HR and IT. In most centers, the Assistant Manager will have primary responsibility for day-to-day center operations.
Serves as the main management support to CSL Plasma services center manager
Ensures on-going improvements and act as liaison with all corporate functions to ensure center compliance and performance
• In the absence of the center manager, overall authority over center operations production goals, monitor net yields and implement improvement plans as required. Meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintain operational records.
• Independently determine center labor usage to meet business needs. Support meeting the established center production goals.
• In collaboration with center manager, manage all inventories to the optimum levels by maximizing efficiencies, customer service levels and minimizing investment. Support meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintain center’s operational records.
• Ensure efficient donor flow throughout the center. Identify problem areas and implement corrective action as needed.
• In collaboration with center manager, ensure compliance with all Company SOPs and applicable federal, state and local regulations. Perform nearly all staff tasks and duties at a proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
• In absence of center manager, responsible for all aspects of financial oversight. Responsible for center production goals. Monitors net yields and implements plans for improvement when required. Consistently meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintains center’s operational records.
• In collaboration with center manager, ensure meets financial targets at all times and adheres to cash management, financial reporting, and other financial responsibilities.
• In collaboration with center manager, support the center philosophy of continuous improvement. Collect and analyze data to maintain and improve center quality, efficiency and profitability. Implement effective corrective action plans when appropriate.
• In collaboration with center and quality management, assist quality compliance by meeting company, regulatory and customer requirements to safeguard the purity and efficacy of the plasma and the safety of donors and employees.
• In collaboration with center and quality management, assist with all audits by working with quality personnel and QA team to develop effective corrective action plans to address any areas of deficiency noted during audits.
• Follow all HSE and OSHA policies and procedures. In collaboration with center manager, ensure the center and all employees comply with OSHA regulations and training. Complete all OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
• In collaboration with center manager, maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure center has sufficient operating supplies and forms. May conduct routine internal procedures and documentation audits.
• Support facility maintenance to highest safety, compliance and cleanliness standards. Partner with corporate facilities to ensure center compliance at all times.
• In collaboration with center manager, conduct recruitment, training, development, counseling and termination. Manage effectively employee turnover within center operations. Adhere to HR policies and practices through fair and equitable treatment of all employees. Communicate effectively with HR to ensure compliance.
• In collaboration with center manager, ensure excellent customer service by all staff. Provide a model of good customer service to employees. Communicate openly with customers. Effectively resolve complaints or concerns.
• In collaboration with center manager, support all marketing and advertising to ensure effectively executing programs for desired results. Make applicable recommendations to improve effectiveness.
• In collaboration with center manager, represent the Company and center in the community and with other business, local publications and vendors.
• Maintain confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and professional work experience required
• Minimum 1 year supervisory or leadership experience responsible for overseeing the activities of others required OR
• Completion of CSL Plasma Leadership Development program
• Maintain company Technical Training certification
• Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s creditability, operations and services
• Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as authoritative reports of major scope and impact, etc. and/or to make formal presentations
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity to lift boxes, carry instruments, pull or push furniture and/or supplies
• Overnight travel required up to 10% of the time
• Generally spends 80% of the time standing and walking and 20% of the time sitting
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of the time
• See, hear and speak with customers and center employees
• Approximately 60% of the time is spent managing center by auditing, improving operations and observing ongoing operations through the center
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position: Options for health care benefits, including options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage choices of plans for medical, dental, and vision, prescription drug coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; paid time off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company. This position is also eligible for an annual bonus per the Company’s short-term incentive bonus plan, consistent with the terms and conditions set forth in the plan documents.