Please submit your resume, asap, or email our Division Director Steven Strawser, directly: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Hands on position requires knowledge in various functions such as general ledger accounting, accounts payable/receivable and internal financial reporting, including consolidation of locations. Applies experience and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions. Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and accurate at all times.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of Carrier Expenses, fixed asset records, consolidation of multiple locations. Evaluate and make recommendations regarding the accounting and reporting of reserves, liabilities, and assets.
- Performs lead role in preparing for and coordinating annual reviews with external independent auditors, and any bank-required audits. Collects appropriate data and assists external auditors with the preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Prepare and post monthly general journal entries necessary to produce financial statements.
- Maintains the general ledger, prepares monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- In conjunction with the Controller, manages the monthly and annual financial statement closing process and reviews preliminary results for variances, reasonability, etc.
- Maintain accounting and payment for corporate insurance policies.
- Prepares, analyzes, and ensures compliance of Bank Covenant reports.
- Reviews accounts payable process, including new vendor set-up, coding, accruals, and 1099 reporting.
- Review and support invoicing process.
- Produce daily banking information for senior management by collecting and summarizing daily cash activities. Maintain the company's positive pay reporting to the bank.
- Prepares and monitors manual billing related to occupancy leases and sub-leases. Ensures timely payments and reporting.
- Prepares and analyzes banking transactions; reconciles bank, credit card and loan accounts. Monitors cash position, prepares and analyzes management reports, including cash flow and sales reports.
- Prepares various tax reporting requirements; form 1096/1099's, unsecured business property statements, and other corporate filings.
- In coordination with the Controller, manages the overall direction and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Assists with accomplishing company and department objectives as requested/needed.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in accounting and 3-5 years' experience in supervision and management of accounting staff. CPA a plus.
- 2+ years of public accounting preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel).
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement/enhancements and spearhead changes.
- Positive attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally with Accounting, Customer Service and Operations teams.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in high pressure, high volume environment.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform diversified functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.