Hilton Midtown- Assistant Front Office Manager (Overnight)
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton Millennium place in the heart of beautiful downtown, and can be your next career advancement.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will assist in supervising the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. An Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Front Office Manager to oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Assist the Front Office Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognized and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand's loyalty scheme
- Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Assist the Front Office Manager with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Front Office Manager, and produce minutes
- Assist the Front Office Manager with staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist the Front Office Manager with recruiting, managing, training and developing the Front Office team
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
What are we looking for?
Assistant Front Office Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!