At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Assistant Maintenance Supervisor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor assists in directing, scheduling and managing personnel in the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the facility's building structures and systems.
- Responsible for plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures, machinery, equipment, electronics, vehicles and grounds, and other related tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Supervise and schedule work orders and projects assigned to the department. Responsible for tracking and timely completion of work orders, conducting daily inspections and noting deficiencies.
- Supervise maintenance staff and assigned inmates/residents in the performance of their duties and evaluates as prescribed by the facility and company policy.
- Monitor and inspect completed work orders for workmanship, housekeeping and compliance with building codes, blueprints, manuals and other applicable procedures or specifications. Directs the correction of problems detected.
- Perform routine inspections of the facility for regulatory compliance, safety, maintenance and related issues. Takes and/or directs corrective action for problems detected.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Four years of experience in general construction or plant/institutional maintenance is required. One year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Additional qualifying education or technical training in a maintenance or construction-related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Knowledge of building construction and the operation of building systems is preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience with an Enterprise Asset Management system is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.