As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong candidate to be responsible for assisting the RSN Sinclair Advertising Support Operations (SASO) Hub Manager in planning, directing, overseeing and leading the SASO Hub personnel for Sinclair’s regional sports networks (RSNs). In this role, you will be expected to support key initiatives related to the sourcing, managing, development, and purging of advertisements. This job will be a blend of leadership and hands on work.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Oversee the SASO Hub department, with functions including:
• Verifying receipt of traffic instructions for upcoming media buys. Emphasis will be on working ahead to allow adequate time to research missing linear traffic materials and instructions in the traffic system with corresponding contracts while ensuring accuracy
• Reviewing Missing Copy/Instructions Reports
• Demonstrating excellent customer service approach with internal traffic (SASO) Hubs, sales teams and clients
• Ensuring that each Copy Coordinator provides a daily dub list to Master Control and a monthly purge list
• Ensuring that all copy instructions are thoroughly vetted with a daily “copy checkback” by a second person other than who entered
• Ensuring that amongst the team, all personnel are cross-trained for complete coverage of duties
• Ensuring that all Copy Coordinators maintain consistent and orderly filing system
• Ensuring all hub personnel are properly trained on both process and technology systems
• Coordinating, developing, and updating traffic log with input from Sales, Traffic (SASO), Marketing, Licensing and Legal
• Developing bugs, tickers, and graphics with Marketing licensing and Legal to approve and schedule graphic distribution rules and rights
• Review performance data that includes financial and activity reports to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness
• Identify continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to unlock new possibilities through adoption of new technologies
People Management & Development
• Build and develop high-performing, engaged teams as part of the next generation of innovative media content
• Inspire a culture of continuous learning and adoption of emerging technologies
• Champion a differentiated employee experience where people come to follow their passions and grow their career
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
• Required minimum of 5 years' experience working in a OSI, WideOrbit or similar Traffic system experience is required
• Required experience with live sports media delivery
• Required experience with computer, telephone, organizational, technology systems and ability to manage fine details with excellent communication skills are a must.
• Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
• Must be detail oriented and able to work within deadlines
• Experience demonstrating strong leadership traits and characteristics is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.