YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
Basic PurposeTo assist the Branch Manager of a small/medium/large branch office by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure operational functions are completed and properly performed by branch staff.
- Supervise and lead branch team to provide members the full range of Navy Federal Credit Union products and services including lending products and depository accounts such as checking, savings, certificate, IRA, revocable trust and estate accounts
- Assist the Manager in monitoring cash operations and branch self-auditing efforts to keep credit union assets secure and within operational limits
- Manage staff to ensure vault opening, closing and balancing procedures are completed
- Participate in outside marketing and promotional activities for members and potential members through financial presentations, local events and realtor/trade shows and events
- Participate in recruiting efforts, on-boarding and initial training of team members
- Participate in budget, purchasing, tracking and records retention for business expenses
- Guide team development for continual growth in technical, soft and leadership skills
- Provide applicable support to ensure team achieves and maintains product, service and business goals, including cross servicing of Navy Federal products and services
- Assist with leading and training team members to deliver high quality service to our members
- Analyze reports and conduct trend analysis to optimize business performance
- Ensure compliance with all security, safety and emergency preparedness procedures
- Ensure compliance with all HR related policies, practices and procedures, such as timekeeping, recruiting, compensation, separations, leave usage, etc.
- Ensure the team follows, complies with and regularly reviews all required policies, practices and procedures
- Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities:
- Supervise daily activities
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
- Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
- Develop, mentor, and counsel staff
- Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
- Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
- Ensure efficiency of operations
- Act as Manager in the incumbent’s absence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Scorecard criteria requirements as defined by Branch Operations Governance or applicable external experience
- Working knowledge of applicable federal regulations governing consumer lending and/or credit cards, mortgage and equity loans, savings and checking accounts
- Working knowledge of multiple financial products such as consumer mortgage loan, credit cards, and/or savings/checking accounts
- Working knowledge of functions relating to cash and ATM operations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment
- Exposure to member/customer service operations
- Exposure to mentoring and leading employees
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Desired - Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Desired - Familiarity with financial institution and lending practices, principles and regulations
- Desired - Familiarity with retail banking industry best practices
Hours: Available Monday – Saturday: hours based on business needs
Location: 17030 Bernardo Center Dr, San Diego, CA 92128
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.