WRGB needs a leader who is a creative storyteller with an aggressive approach to breaking news on-air and online and an eye for enterprising and investigative news content. The Assistant News Director helps protect the station’s credibility, questioning the content, accuracy, and fairness of scripts and web stories. The person in this role not only implements the News Director’s vision but oversees new employee training, employee feedback and review, and helps manage time cards and absences.
Assistant News Director, you will:
- Work closely with Producers, Reporters, Anchors, Assignment Editor and Photographers on daily news coverage
- Oversee production of newscasts and special programming
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance
- Write copy and edit scripts for on-air and digital
- Work with the News Director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the station’s news brand
- Create tactics and strategies to increase demos performance in key target areas for multiple platforms
- Evaluate workflow efficiencies
- Assist in the on-going evaluation of personnel
- Help with recruiting and hiring for news department personnel
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Be investigative and enterprise reporting-driven
- A passion for social media
- Problem solver
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience as a News Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.