The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for providing support to the Property Manager in Lease Administration and Accounts Receivable for the assigned properties to include tenant relations, collections, monthly reporting, annual budgeting, sales collection, lease abstracting and administration of tenant leases. The APM must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities at one time.
Area of Responsibility
Key Elements and Essential Tasks
- Assist PM with preparation and submittal of Monthly, Quarterly Reports and Budgets and ensure all deadlines are met as required by client.
- Create and follow up with property accountants on Accounting Transactions (AT’s) as needed to update lease status.
- Communicate with Property Accountants to ensure all unapplied cash is applied prior to cash cut-off to maximize Property Management fee and ensure accurate statements.
- Monthly A/R collections and follow-up as directed by PM, including late fee calculations and letters as may be required.
- Calculate CPI Rent Increases.
- Review Budgets and Reconciliations with PM for approval and ensure proper mailing of Impound adjustments and quarterly/year-end reconciliations. Work with tenants on questions regarding the impound adjustments and reconciliations once mailed and follow up on payments.
- Run reports such as Rent Rolls, AR reports, Renewal Option reports, etc. and post as requested. Upload or download items from Client Sites.
- Collect and enter sales in the accounting system or excel spreadsheets and run the sales reports.
- Collect and track gross sales reports from tenants.
- Compute any percentage rents that may be due.
- Set up new Tenant files and organize per client’s and PM’s instructions including filing.
- Ensure emergency contact lists for tenants are updated.
- General filing- responsible for ensuring all document/paperwork for the property is filed no less than weekly; this includes but not limited to lease documents, legal correspondence, executed service contracts, correspondence, monthly reports, payables. All files at the property should comply with JLL Audit requirements.
- E-Mail should be checked regularly throughout the course of the day to ensure prompt attention to immediate issues are directed /acted upon immediately.
- Administering email distribution of Tenant statements. Assist tenants with any questions/issues regarding their statement.
- Prepare letters for new tenants such as possession letters, commencement date certification, rent commencement letters, welcome information, etc.
- Assist with tenant issues regarding maintenance concerns including follow up.
- Work with Property Administrator in preparing any required bill back to tenants.
- Maintain/Update Emergency Response Manuals or create for new properties.
- Maintenance of property information spreadsheets; including tenant contacts.
- Assist Property Manager to coordinate tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Assist with Acquisition and Disposition processes.
- Assist in new tenant move in and move out requirements.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
Years of relevant experience
- Experience in commercial property management.
- 3 years open air experience
Skills and knowledge
- In depth understanding of financial aspects of property performance.
- Must be customer focused.
- Experience with YARDI accounting system.
- Competency using Microsoft Office, especially Excel, navigating the internet, and general use of personal computer.
- Positive attitude toward multi-tasking while maintaining focus on completing tasks.
- Willingness to take the necessary classes to achieve the Real Estate License.
- Real Estate License
Physical work requirements and work conditions
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]