buybuyBABY is seeking passionate, energized, customer service focused people who thrive on a fast pace, enjoy working in a team environment, and take pride in making every customer experience remarkable.
buybuyBABY offers: Flexible Hours that work around your busy life, Employee Discounts across all Bed Bath and Beyond brands, and a comprehensive training program that is a recipe for your success!As an Assistant Store Manager you will be immersed in all aspects of running a store. In this role you will work closely with the Store Manager to prepare you for a future role as a key holding member of the management team. As an Assistant Store Manager you are responsible for all aspects of running a department on the sales floor including merchandising, operations and managing associates while meeting sales and productivity goals.
• Manage activities and the achievement of sales and customer service goals for the store or a major product or operational category within the store
• Create scheduling for store associates within your area and collaborate with manager to execute store plans and priorities
• Troubleshoot and resolve routine operational issues independently and collaborate with manger on more complex issues
• Forecast, budget, and plan for area of responsibility to ensure the store meets business goals
• Manage and approve merchandise processing and procedures
• Perform hiring, disciplinary, training, performance management, employee relations and termination activities in collaboration with manager and participates in Human Resources investigations as required
• High School diploma or equivalent desired
• 6-7 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs