Ultimate Staffing Services is currently hiring an Assistant Warehouse Manager for a client in Fontana.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity
Salary $50K -$60K
If you are interested please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
* Effectively manages receiving, stocking, inventory control, quarantine, picking, packing, shipping, and transportation of all applicable products.* Organizes, plans, and schedules daily activities and applies personnel and resources in a manner that maximizes service and minimizes operational costs.
* Coordinates warehouse and fleet activities with activities of sales, purchasing, and freight team through frequent, effective and proactive communication.
* Ensures the accurate and on-time delivery of products to customers utilizing company fleet, third-party carriers, and/or qualified temporary drivers.
* Directs the flow of information to and from the warehouse in an efficient and effective manner.
* Maintains warehouse and fleet activity reports and metrics that complement accuracy, efficiency, quality of service, and on-time delivery.
* Reviews warehouse performance and reporting compliance on a consistent basis.
* Meets or exceeds daily and special project deadlines.
* Assists in hiring, training, guiding, and developing subordinates.
* Maintains warehouse and fleet operational procedures.
* Identifies and implements warehouse and fleet efficiency/cost reduction measures.
* Ensures building, products, vehicles, and equipment are secure both during and after business hours.
* Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and leads housekeeping, cleanliness, and organization standards. Procures warehouse and fleet supplies as needed.
* Communicates and/or directs needed repairs, upkeep, and inspections of the building, vehicles, equipment, and grounds.
* Effectively communicates through active listening, acting on input, sharing information in an open and timely manner, and encouraging others to do the same. Maintains the appropriate confidentiality.
* Leads all inventory functions such as daily cycle counting, annual inventory processes, inventory integrity audits, and non-conforming product audits to ensure inventory and accuracy control; resolves inventory discrepancies thoroughly and timely.
* Manages return of goods, non-conforming product, scrap, return to vendor, and repack processes.
* Maintains driver and vehicle compliance system for driver qualifications, drug and alcohol, accidents, inspections, hours of service, unit service, including Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR's) and Driver Logs through compliance software.
* Confers with drivers, manages and reviews routing, and monitors performance to ensure delivery of product is in a manner consistent with company service goals and cost objectives.
* Assists in holding and documents monthly safety meetings for all warehouse/fleet personnel.
* Participates in cross-functional continuous improvement efforts.
* Masters systems knowledge through self-directed training to ensure that employees are thoroughly trained to perform transactions in the warehouse management system (WMS).
* Meets all written ISO quality management system policies, procedures, and work instructions, including equipment inspection and calibration requirements.
* Schedules and coordinates fleet equipment planned maintenance with providers.
* Assists in reviewing and approving employee timesheets, adhering to established payroll cutoffs and regulatory compliance.
* Supports and manages the 1st and 2nd shifts as needs arise.
* Other duties may be assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DEPARTMENT EXPECTATIONS
* Ensures compliance with PG Employee Handbook, Healthy & Safety and Quality Manual, and Driver Rules.
* Ensures compliance with federal and/or state laws, regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Uses good time management skills and work effectively with all members of the PG team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of 3 years of warehouse management experience with a record of excellence.
Effectively communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external parties.
* Proficient in team building, motivation, time management, organization, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to measure against standards, communicate performance issues, and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Knowledge of warehouse management system (WMS) and barcode use.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with emphasis in Excel and Word.
* Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding warehouse management.
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain strict deadlines.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Ability to see a job or project through to final completion.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* Forklift Certified
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.