Assoc, Specialized Testing I- San Juan Capistrano, California - (Monday-Friday with weekend rotation)
The Specialized Testing Associate I is responsible for supporting both direct clients and Business Units clients for all aspects of specialized testing, focusing on relationship management, expedited problem resolution, and escalation of issues. The position is required to work on site in close proximity to the testing department in order to facilitate the timely hand off of specimens. Troubleshoots and triages both complex medical/technical and routine requests. Will have access to a variety of systems including, but not limited to, Non-standard LIS, QLS, Optimaxx and other related systems for a variety of sites.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors specialized testing orders from creation to reporting.
• Responsible for customer inquiries received by telephone, fax or email regarding reporting of patient results, inquiries of tests and services, and concerns of service failures.
• Serves as a liaison between the client and the technical departments.
• Is required to proactively identify opportunities to reduce service failures for client accounts.
• Contacts clients to resolve any issue related to patient testing and result reporting.
• Resolves specialized testing problem samples including accessioning, labeling, work sheeting and delivery to testing bench using established protocols.
• Completes specialized test adds including accessioning, labeling and delivery to testing bench using established protocols.
• Researching specialized testing related Referral Testing inquiries and problems.
• Technical review and triaging of Medical Consults to directors. As well as calling clients when appropriate.
• Provides laboratory results to clients using established protocols.
• Documentation of the call history in the required system and maintaining complete and accurate records.
• Delivers information on supplies, new tests, services and products to clients.
• Educates and offers guidance to clients about Quest Diagnostics lab processes and services.
• Troubleshoots both routine and complex medical/technical requests.
• Is able to cancel or delete testing using established protocols.
• Reports and escalates client concerns using established protocols.
• Responsible for maximizing quality and efficiencies to meet department goals.
• Leads by example in demonstrating “Everyday Excellence” behaviors.
• Understands the importance of Quality Service and how to measure it.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business needs or satisfy customer requirements.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Business, Customer Relations or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of successful customer service experience in an advanced Customer Service role
• Previous medical or clinical laboratory background required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated outstanding customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage complex issues and remain composed in stressful situations
• Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology and laboratory procedures required
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Solid organizational skills and problem-solving skills
• Customer Focused
• Detailed Oriented
• Able to transport samples to a variety of labs