For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We also offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a Defined Benefit pension and match 401(k) plans.
Position / Role Impact Summary:
The Health Benefits Associate is integral to supporting the delivery of a broad and diverse range of group health benefits consulting services to our clients. The health practice provides opportunities to work in the Multiemployer and Public Sector markets, and offers significant visibility and client interaction, and opportunities to perform as an influential member of client teams.
The Health Benefits Associate works collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and vendors in providing an integrated and thorough approach to meeting clients26rsquo; financial needs and other matters. With the ever-changing health care environment, health benefit analysts are challenged to provide meaningful thoughtful work to help answer client needs and questions. The work covers many topics and the output is held to high quality standards. Some of the responsibilities may include:
- preparation of bid specifications for all coverage lines, ie medical and drug;
- analyses of proposals for all coverage lines;
- preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports and budget projections;
- renewal analyses; benefit plan pricing; analyses of complex technical data with regard to health benefit plans;
- claims cost and utilization analyses; and
- preparing claims curves for retiree health valuations.
- supporting consultants with presentations of financial data to clients; and
- working on ad hoc reports and projects.
The position is open to candidates with one to five years of health benefits experience. Other key requirements include:
- Bachelor26rsquo;s degree in related field (i.e.: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Health Policy);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proficiency with Excel and other computer software;
- Strong project management skills combined with the ability to succeed in fast paced environment managing multiple conflicting deadlines; and
- Prior work experience or internship related to benefits analyses or underwriting beneficial.
- Actuarial exam progress is not needed but is a noted benefit