The Associate Accountant will compile and maintain records of the Direct Store Delivery business. This position will also verify accuracy of figures and calculations pertaining to business transactions forwarded by other workers and maintains records.Core Responsibilities
- Completes Weekly Gain/Loss reports
- Creates SAP and Highjump gain/loss report
- Investigates gain/loss issues within each branch
- Educates DSD management on chronic gain/loss issues
- Creates, maintains and reviews daily stock transfer orders
- Logs Inventory Valuations for SOX compliance
- Creates Volume/Sales reports.
- Reconciles sales daily between SAP and Highjump.
- Creates Sales Report (Net Rev, Sales Volume, Sales Metric).
- Processes Freight Claims
- Tracks/Files new claim
- Processes payment
- Calculates weekly commissio ns for DSD Sales
- Calculate YTD route bonus
- Processes Accounts Payable Vouchers
- Reconciles CHEP Pallets for DSD business
- Processes new customer request and maintenance customer in SAP
- Creates journal entries for month end close
the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferred.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access).
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits