Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
- Oversee design, development, and deployment of Client Benefit Plan Design parameters for new business.
- Provide consultative services pertaining to benefit set up, new implementations, and special projects.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation records.
- Complete plan updates in order to meet turnaround times, quality measurements, and performance guarantees.
- Work with other corporate departments, clients, and third - parties to solve benefit plan issues as needed.
- Specialize in claims processing system functionality, including analysis of new and changing system capabilities.
- Monitor and expedite resolution of escalated point of sale issues.
- Work with Lead Benefit Consultants to problem - solve complex custom plan design set up and utilize RxClaim functionality to meet client business needs.
- Travel and short - term out of town assignments may be necessary.
- Additional job duties and projects, as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with Healthcare claims
- 1+ years of PBM experience
- New client implementation or onboarding experience
- General understanding of plan benefit design
- Microsoft Excel experience including spreadsheet creation and formula manipulation
- Available to work 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM local time zone Monday - Friday
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in Benefit Administration with RxClaim / AS400 platform experience
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Experience in prioritizing caseloads based on business and customer need
- Microsoft Word experience including creating / updating documents
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience including creating / updating presentations
- Pharmacy claim knowledge
- Knowledge of Medicare pharmacy plan regulations and other government pharmacy programs
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, and long periods working at a computer
- If you are within a metro area where there is an Optum Rx office, you would be expected to be in - office, rather than telecommute
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, healthcare, claims, healthcare claims, PBM, onboarding, plant benefit, pharmacy technician, RxClaim, AS400