For over 80 years, Segal has been a leader in organizational and human resource consulting. Our clients are employers and plan sponsors of all sizes covering millions of employees in dozens of industries. As an independent privately and employee-owned firm, we have a relentless commitment to the success of our people, clients and company. Our mission is simple: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives. As a part of our team, you will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, experts and...nice. Headquartered in New York, Segal has offices throughout the US and in Canada. We believe that a collaborative and diverse workforce best meets the needs of our business and clients, so we offer competitive pay and benefits that attract the best in our field.
Position / Role Impact Summary:
The Benefits Associate is integral to supporting the delivery of a broad and diverse range of client servicing focused in the Multiemployer and Public Sector environments.
The candidate will enjoy client interaction, work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients, and has the ability and interest to travel as needed, meeting with clients and prospects. They will also enjoy learning about creative, innovative and strategic opportunities to ultimately help guide clients and colleagues around the issues and emerging developments in the employee health benefits and retirement benefits industries.
Working with our Compliance, Health, and Retirement practices, the Benefits Associate, will collaborate with Senior Benefits Consultants and all staff on all aspects of client servicing including client management, project management, and new business development. You will have the secondary relationship accountability for assigned or procured clients, overall servicing responsibility, and client satisfaction. In addition to maintaining positive client relationships, you will collaborate with others across Segal to achieve technical knowledge of our service offerings and proactively provide clients with a full array of our consulting services.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree and 2-5 years of relevant experience in consulting or client benefits preferred,
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills,
- Has regular client contact on routine and complex matters and has the ability to step immediately into client relationships,
- Business acumen,
- Demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator,
- Proven learning agility and flexibility,
- Skill in developing ways to communicate information into actionable terms that clients will grasp and be able to act upon,
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients, and
- Ability and interest to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects.