The Opportunity: The individual will step into a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity to work directly with clients in supporting the client service team.
The Role: The role of an Associate Benefits Consultant includes partnering with more experienced Benefits Consultants on client management, project management, and new business development. The Associate Benefits Consultant has the secondary relationship accountability for assigned or procured clients, overall servicing responsibility, and client satisfaction. In addition to maintaining positive relationships, the Associate Benefits Consultant will collaborate with others across Segal to achieve technical knowledge of our service offerings and provide clients with a full array of our consulting services. There are administrative components as part of developing in this position. Key accountabilities include:
- Understanding clients26rsquo; issues, anticipating clients26rsquo; needs (aka: staying 26lsquo;ahead of the game26rsquo;), and navigating the various potential solutions,
- Establishing rapport and building effective working relationships within client organizations,
- Learning about creative, innovative and strategic opportunities to ultimately help guide clients and colleagues around the issues and emerging developments in the employee health benefits and retirement benefits industries,
- Assisting and later being responsible for billing and developing communications to clients,
- Collaborating with others at Segal to build and maintain effective and influential client relationships.
The Associate Benefits Consultant partners with client service teams and plays a proactive role in contributing to the overall intellectual and professional development within the teams.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, some experience in consulting or client benefits preferred,
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills,
- Ability to step immediately into a direct client contact role,
- Business acumen,
- Demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator,
- Proven learning agility and flexibility,
- Skill in developing ways to communicate information into actionable terms that clients will grasp and be able to act upon,
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients, and
- Ability and interest to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.