Are you an ambitious and creative marketing professional that excels in rapidly evolving environments, brainstorming new concepts, connecting with key stakeholders, and exploring opportunities to expand a business? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have cultivated a culture that is committed to our employees, products, and environmental sustainability to make our communities better. Smithfield Foods and the Marketing Team are continuously progressing and are seeking innovative, self-driven marketing professionals!
As a Marketing Team member, you would assist in leveraging data metrics to develop methods to strategically maximize the profitability of a specific brand category in our business. In representing Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan’s Famous, or any of our brands, you will collaborate cross-functionally across the company from our sales team to our business management operations to deliver the best product to our customers and consumers.
Accountable for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and brand plans, including product quality, close-in and breakthrough innovation, and brand activation. Responsibilities include \u201cProduct\u201d (quality, innovation, packaging), \u201cPlace\u201d (channel strategies and distribution), \u201cPrice\u201d (pricing strategy and implementation), and \u201cPromotion\u201d (advertising, consumer promotion, media strategy and implementation planning, PR). Responsible for category strategy, pricing strategy and analysis, and ongoing business analysis to drive the performance of the brand. Works closely with Insight, Category Management, Sales, Business Management, Operations, Legal, and external partners (advertising agencies, etc.) to develop and implement marketing and innovation plans.Core Responsibilities
- Analyzes market trends and recommend changes to marketing and product strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Develops category strategy and analysis and performs ongoing business analysis to drive the performance of the brand
- Leads a wide variety of functional areas to develop and manage marketing objectives, strategies and tactics
- Responsible for brand budget
- Ensures Legal approval of all documents, contracts and materials that touch external stakeholders
- Develops market and competitive analysis leveraging syndicated and propriety data
- Responsible for creating customized sales presentations, executing customer marketing plans, and tracking product performance at retail
Advertising and Promotion Management
- Manages agency relationships and leads the preparation for internal and external brand presentations
- Assists in development of an integrated brand image and message throughout all advertising, packaging and promotional efforts
- Ensures the most motivating messaging reaches target consumers
- Collaborates with sales to develop strategic partnership activities with key retail partners
- Participates in the product development process, identifying consumer insight, creating product proposition, assessing market potential
- Partners with other functional areas to quickly bring viable new products to market
- Identifies opportunities for growth and cost improvement
- Commercializes line extensions that can be launched within 12 months
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Marketing or closely related field and 3+ years’ relevant experience; required.
MBA in Marketing, or related field, and consumer marketing experience with a CPG company in food, preferred.
Experience managing a budget for a brand and working in a cross-function environment, preferred.
Experience working with syndicated data.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, required.
Experience commercializing new products and line extensions, preferred.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to prioritize projects and produce high quality and quantity outputs that adds value to the company, required.
Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power point and Excel, required.
- Up to 15% travel may be required for this position.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits