SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Associate Chemist, you will work under the supervision of a Sr. Chemist / Chemistry Lab Manager and will be responsible for the overall technical and quality competence of the Chemistry Lab. The position is focused on the correct testing of specimens to comply with internal procedures, industry standards, and written instructions.
- Work under the supervision of the Senior Chemist / Lab Manager to perform analyses of client samples.
- Analyze materials to determine chemical properties and composition, utilizing wet chemistry, chromatography, and spectroscopy techniques.
- Performs routine operations, maintenance, calibration, qualification and ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment/instruments under the direction of Senior Chemist / Lab Manager.
- Ensure calculations are accurate and reporting is as per standard lab operating procedures.
- Sample preparation for final analysis.
- Support SGS in such a manner as to fulfill the company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and safety objectives.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry Analysis
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Metals lab
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.