With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Digital Experiences play a key role in the successful Digital Transformation of CSL by supporting the definition of a companywide digital experience strategy and ensuring its successful execution. Leveraging existing and new technology, the team focuses on the development of engaging experiences for customers, patients, donors and employees. It is a Centre of Excellence with deep expertise in Digital Experience and Engagement Design that enables CSL to apply human-centered approaches to define and solve problems and drive cultural transformation.
This role leads a human-centered approach to innovation. Anchored in understanding customer's needs, rapid prototyping, and generating creative ideas that will transform the way we develop products, services and processes.
It is accountable for establishing a team who will scaling a design thinking capability as a competitive advantage for CSL and influence the organization to establish design skills and a design mindset. The individual will lead cross-functional teams through design thinking frameworks to achieve user centered outcomes.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Own the end-to-end design thinking process: problem definition, ideation, prototyping, and testing
- Develops standards and best practices for Design thinking to enable the Experience Pillars and Product teams to successfully apply this methodology for problem solving and ideation when developing experiences
- Champions the use of design thinking across I&T and CSL to establish a human-centered mindset to support cultural transformation and help scale the self-application of Design Thinking methodology by closely working with the “Dx Academy” and “Community of Practice”
- Facilitate thought leadership injection and ideation with external strategic partners
- Lead design thinking workshops working directly with I&T teams, end users, and business partners
- Lead the development of service concepts, blueprints, and other service design artefacts for digital products and services
- Closely collaborate with the User Lab team to test and validate prioritized customer pain points through ideation
- Support agile product teams to develop new and improved experiences with a focus on the early stage innovation phase
- Keep up to date with relevant trends and new technologies to enhance the digital experience of customers
Bachelor’s degree in design or other related discipline (e.g. Marketing, Digital Product Design and Development)
- 8+ years experience in design or other human-centered area, demonstrated leadership experience in large companies, specific global managerial experience is a plus
- Proficiency in UX design and delivery, Design Thinking and User Research
- “Systems” thinker, having a holistic understanding of user needs by exploring the interconnected complexities of the current experience and working to improve when possible
- Good understanding of latest technology, design, and business model trends
- Mindset to seek feedback early and often with an iterative, user-centric approach to designing experiences
- Ability to make high quality decisions quickly; highly developed time-management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all organizational levels through clear, concise and impactful verbal and written communication and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work iteratively by constantly challenging the status quo with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly, build networks and develop a sense for a company’s product portfolio, technology challenges and strategies
- Ability to build, mentor and grow a high performing and cohesive team
- Adaptable to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work across a range of countries and cultures.