Are you an ambitious and creative marketing professional that excels in rapidly evolving environments, brainstorming new concepts, connecting with key stakeholders, and exploring opportunities to expand a business? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have cultivated a culture that is committed to our employees, products, and environmental sustainability to make our communities better. Smithfield Foods and the Marketing Team are continuously progressing and are seeking innovative, self-driven marketing professionals!
The Associate Go-To-Market Manager will be responsible for the commercialization of new innovative products for the Smithfield Foods product portfolio. This position requires a high level of energy and creativity and must be able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and manage a broad spectrum of cross functional teams. This position requires an in-depth understanding of Smithfield Food’s new product development process and a working knowledge of how product flows through each channel of distribution (Retail, Deli, Food Service).Core Responsibilities
New Products and Business Opportunities
- Develop new products utilizing consumer, customer, competitor and company insights for new business opportunities.
Organizational Management Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the new product introduction process throughout the development phase and launch.
- Align and lead cross functional units across Marketing, Sales, Operations, Category Management, Trade and Business Management to commercialize new products. Ensuring effective speed to market.
- Build project timelines and collaborate with the cross-functional teams on meeting the execution timing on key project activities. Keep projects on task and on time to desired in-market dates.
- Identify trends and opportunities within various channels of business and help design initiatives to capitalize on category trends
- Lead development of new initiatives including: identification of unmet consumer needs, trends, new product platforms, and commercial strategy.
- Effectively engage and build relationships across the matrix organization
- Evaluate progress against plan and recommend corrective action as needed
- Utilize established tools to collaborate with key cross-functional partners on development of volume forecasts on new products and key financial inputs.
- Serve as a support role in the development of compelling retail selling materials for new product launches.
- Develop and track post launch, in market performance
Consumer Communication and Product Launch
- Work with Marketing teams on consumer communication, timing and product launch.
Innovation and Strategic Plans Portfolio
- Track and prioritize all innovation and strategic plans across the portfolio.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Marketing, Business Management, Research Analytics, or a related discipline and 2+ years’ experience with consumer goods in the areas of Brand Management, Business Management, Innovation or related field.
- CPG experience, required. CPG experience in Marketing, Business Management or Innovation, preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- General understanding of consumer segmentation, need states and brand positioning with the ability to apply learning in developing and commercializing new product concepts.
- Direct marketing analytics experience at a multi-channel company. Special emphasis on a branded retail business, preferred.
- Organized, efficient and able to manage creative processes as well as grasp operational details and financial strategies.
- Strong work ethic grounded in leadership, adaptation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in project management, required.
- New product development experience from concept development through successful launch including generating ideas, writing and testing concepts, prioritizing and defining projects and determining feasibility is a plus.
- Experience managing and working with marketing, sales, trade planning and business development teams.
- Ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively with marketing peers.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Approximately 15% travel.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits