Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment? Smithfield Foods, one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual’s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The Associate Network and Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. They perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meet company and user satisfaction. The Associate Network and Telecommunications Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network and telecommunication configurations and installations. Will require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.Core Responsibilities
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.).
- Support the configuration and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Support the design, setup, and configuration of complex switching environments and complex wireless networks that support open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, etc.
- Supervise the administration of systems and servers related network and telecommunications systems to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel, and outside vendors, etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems as required.
- Support the maintenance of the telecommunications infrastructure for the enterprise.
- This includes the administration of the telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call accounting systems, Automatic Call Distribution Systems (ACD), voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
Handheld and Mobile Device Support
- Support the distribution of handheld and mobile devices including the set up and configuration of the devices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Telecommunications, Network Engineering, Information Technology Management, or Technical Field and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification.
- Experience connecting and supporting the move of servers and services to the cloud services.
- Additional certifications preferred by management.
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a business environment.
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance, and equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits