The General is seeking an Associate Pricing Actuary to play an integral role within the Pricing team.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
The Associate Pricing Actuary will be responsible for evaluating, adapting and evolving current rate making practices with a focus on helping The General maintain market competitiveness while still meeting profit and risk management requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Review premium, expense and loss experience and provide recommendations regarding indicated rate level changes.
- Provide thought leadership on pricing practices.
- Prepare rate level indications, filing support and work with Product Management to aid in all aspects of the rate revision process.
- Work across teams in a cross-functional manner to support product evolution by providing insight into how best to balance competitiveness and profitability.
- Take a leading role in the development, maintenance and implementation of various actuarial pricing and reserving models.
- Lead in the evolution of reports and tools The General uses to determine and report out rate adequacy and accurate pricing.
- Aid in the preparation of the annual profit plan and provide recommendations for appropriate rate actions.
- Develop testing and tracking strategies to determine appropriateness of pricing models for maintaining rate adequacy and proper segmentation.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Pursue FCAS through the CAS by participating in The General’s Actuarial Student Program.