ABC7-DC in Washington, DC has an immediate opening for an energetic, creative Associate News Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the daily news writing, guest booking and segment production for our morning, evening, and/or weekend newscasts and talk shows. This position will also work closely with Executive Producers, Producers, Directors, and the Assignment Desk on daily news content and production for television and digital platforms. The Associate Producer will fill in for producers on newscasts, talk shows and news specials when required.
The ideal candidate must show experience producing and writing content for television news and digital platforms, plus ability to navigate social media sites and post segments. The candidate must also have a passion for news and entertainment information, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals of a large news operation. Flexibility and quick problem-solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. Candidates should have proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom operating systems such as iNews.
- Writing copy for newscasts and talk shows
- News, entertainment and community events segment booking and producing
- Back-up line producing of talk shows and newscasts
- Posting stories online and to social media
- Assisting with other newsroom duties as assigned
- Ability to work weekends, overnight shifts and some holidays
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to write quality broadcast news copy under tight deadlines
- You must have strong writing and news judgment skills
While completing the online application, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a web link of your work, please apply online and send a cover letter, resume, and work or writing samples to:
Attn: Director of Content
1100 Wilson Boulevard, 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!