West Safety Services is searching for an Associate Sales Engineer to add to the team! The ideal candidate is a technical resource in the sales organization that provides
technical solutions to Cross-Sellers and New Logo Hunters to put together a
deal for the account. They will be focused on influencing new sales at both existing
accounts and new logo accounts.
hands-on, pre-sales technical guidance to Cross-Sellers and New Logo Hunters to
put together deals for prospects and existing accounts
and deliver technical sales-focused presentations to buyers
requirements and develop advanced solution configurations in response to
requirements to enable the Cross-Seller or New Logo Hunter to compile a deal
and present relevant use cases and demo solutions to prospects and accounts
and maintain expert technical understanding of assigned West solutions and
understanding of relevant competitor solutions
as the go-to technical resource for Cross-Sellers and New Logo Hunters to close
deals with prospects and existing accounts
New Logo Hunters and Cross-Sellers by identifying and scoping additional sales
opportunities, based on technical requirements and configurations
assigned bookings quota
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer networking, computer science, information technology
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1-2 years in a technical sales role with client-facing responsibilities
- Strong experience in GIS, dispatching, public safety or Next Gen services preferably
- Track record of closing net new deals and identifying cross-sell opportunities
- Proven ability to establish customer rapport and credibility through demonstration of deep technical expertise
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and time management
- Experience working with remote collaboration/presentation tools
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned region, as needed, on short notice
West is connecting people and ideas.
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Applications will be accepted through 09/06/2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don't forget to join our online talent community and 'Like' West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees!
The Company has strict background check requirements both pre-employment and during employment. Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete additional background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification – criminal history check, fingerprinting and training. The company also runs a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and periodic screening during employment. Please note, marijuana remains an illegal drug under federal law. We have federal contracts that require us to be compliant with the federal Drug Free Workplace Act. West Safety Services is a tobacco free workplace.