With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our growing team. If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Gene Therapy Research team. Full of dedicated team members, the Gene Therapy Research team is transforming patients’ lives through science. We are looking for an experienced junior scientist to help us to execute our gene therapy and gene editing programs. The primary responsibility for this position will be to assist with in vitro experiments in primary cells and cell lines as well as in vivo assays focused on the development of gene editing therapies. The candidate will be involved in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments, and will interface regularly with our internal collaboration partners. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
- Supporting the implementation, optimization, and development of novel viral and non-viral gene therapy approaches
- Performing standard molecular biology techniques, including nucleic acid extraction and PCR
- Optimizing molecular biology detection and quantification techniques, such as Western blots, ddPCR, ELISA
- Planning and conducting CRISPR/Cas9 screens in vitro
- Planning and conducting AAV/lentiviral screens in vitro
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Executing, analyzing, reporting, and documenting data from experiments in a timely manner
- Preparing and presenting data at cross-functional meetings
- Pursuing cross-training opportunities and learning new technologies as needed to fulfill role
- Training on and following internal policies and procedures to maintain day-to-day lab operations, quality standards, and training documentation
- Helping to build and promote a positive culture and working environment
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with molecular assays for DNA/RNA quantification and characterization is preferred (e.g. ddPCR, qPCR, qRT-PCR)
- Experience working with CRISPR/Cas9 and/or AAV/lentiviral gene delivery is preferred
- Experience with transfecting mammalian cells using technologies such as electroporation or lipid- and polymer-based particles is desirable
- Proficiency with sample preparation for next-generation sequencing
- Experience with assessment of human peripheral blood stem cells by multicolor flow cytometry or fluorescent imaging
- Experience with hematologic diseases, liver diseases, primary immunodeficiencies
- Collaborative nature and flexibility to pitch in and help team members to deliver on commitments
- BS or MS degree in molecular biology or relevant discipline
- BS with 3 years’ relevant experience or MS with 2 years’ experience in a molecular biology setting. Additional prior industry experience preferred
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with primary cell culture is required
- Ability to plan, execute, analyze, critically interpret data, and effectively multi-task are critical
- Strong organizational skills, effective written and oral communication of scientific data, and good teamwork are essential