From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Associate Technology Vendor Management (TVM) Analyst, you will be integral to the TVM team by being a source of important information, mostly financial in nature. You will assist in the management of TVM department and strategic supplier budgets and five-year plans plus auditing the financial goals and actual impacts of highly visible projects and initiatives across all of technology. You must have an overall understanding of current business concepts plus solid finance knowledge and skills, including debits/credits, budgeting, forecasting, allocations, impact and variance analysis, invoicing and general financial and accounting terms. You must have experience interfacing and influencing a wide variety of business professionals, including leaders, project managers, finance, technologists, business partners and vendors. Collaborating with these business entities and technical resources is vital to ensure goals and objectives, mostly financial, are realized. Familiarity with out-sourced technology environments, including datacenters (i.e., server, SAN and networks), cloud, software/SaaS, professional services and contingent labor engagements, and asset management is ideal.
More specifically, you will:
- Build and automate a financial model to audit expenses tracing through TVM's ten (10) department budgets. This involves reconciling with finance QBR and reporting any variances/misalignments plus resolutions.
- Audit system and model data frequently. This includes vetting and giving transparency to current and future impact of data anomalies, deviations and financial plugs. You will provide recommendations and next steps as appropriate.
- Modernize and automate all current financial models and related quarterly reports to better state TVM's story. This involves developing a reporting cadence based on audience and required frequency.
- Analyze results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations. This includes tracking those impacts at the department, initiative or project level in addition to Technology overall.
- Formulate and communicate plans to track projects or initiatives from business plan to invoice by collaborating with leadership, technologists, business partners, finance, vendors and TVM. Additionally, you will build model templates to reuse across and track multiple initiatives with ease.
- Serve as a financial resource to the TVM group, technologist, business partner and vendors in their continuous and ad-hoc analysis needs and act as lead liaison with outside invoice vendor.
- Actively build necessary internal and external relations to improve the efficiency of this role and increase the area of influence for our group.
What are we looking for?
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Confidence in taking initiative to gather and check work independently, escalating as necessary
- Highly productive both autonomously and within multi-functional teams
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Acclimates quickly and relies on prior business experience to plan, outline and accomplish goals
- Multitasker, who can meet delivery expectations and deadlines
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability, including research, analyze, and present recommendations, especially around financials
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
- Advance Excel skills (modeling and pivot tables), Word and PowerPoint (Visio a plus)
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional experience in Technology, Finance or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience in Finance as an analyst or building financial models
- Travel - up to 15% between as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in Technology, Finance or a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in Finance as an analyst or building financial models
- Experience in or understanding of the Technology sector and Vendor Management
- Experience and understanding of process flow documentation (e.g., Visio)
- Project management skills, to manage various inputs, outputs and details through to completion
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!