For over 80 years, Segal has been a leader in organizational and human resource consulting. Our clients are employers and plan sponsors of all sizes covering millions of employees in dozens of industries. As an independent privately and employee-owned firm, we have a relentless commitment to the success of our people, clients and company. Our mission is simple: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives. As a part of our team, you will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, experts and...nice. Headquartered in New York, Segal has offices throughout the US and in Canada. We believe that a collaborative and diverse workforce best meets the needs of our business and clients, so we offer competitive pay and benefits that attract the best in our field.
The Associate position is exposed to a broad range of assignments that will develop understanding of projects in Human Capital Consulting. Anticipated types of projects include competitive pay analysis, incentive compensation, total compensation, job classification projects components (benchmarking, surveys, job analysis, job evaluation, etc.), performance management and other human capital topics. Projects may include work with broad employee populations of our clients and executive groups. A team of consultants that typically includes an Associate, a Project Manager, and a Client Relationship Manager conducts each of our projects. Associates reside in one of our offices but work on several project teams for clients in multiple regions.
Associates collaborate closely with all members of their project teams and will be expected to:
- Analyze complex problems and help identify solutions
- Conduct research and gather data
- Compiling and synthesizing information on a particular organization, industry, or area of Human Capital practices
- Complete complex qualitative and quantitative analysis using spreadsheets, modeling, and statistical tools
- Communicate verbally and in writing to accomplish effective interaction with coworkers, managers and external clients at all levels within the organization
- Draft initial recommendations and convey findings in a compelling manner through reports and presentations
- Planning own workload and managing commitments in order to deliver work on time
- Participate in and contribute to learning and development activities
- Operating effectively in a team-based environment
- Bachelors or advanced degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business, Economics, Behavioral Science, Law, or other relevant disciplines
- Computer software including all advanced levels of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Cooperation, collaboration, and team player in developing analyses and solutions
- Ability to interact effectively with clients
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in day-to-day schedule due to ad-hoc requests and other client needs
- Fundamental problem solving, critical thinking, and the ability to extrapolate to different situations and solutions
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful findings that can inform recommendations to clients
- Ability to think strategically about complex problems and manage/navigate ambiguous issues and problems
- Working independently to execute analyses and solutions developed
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver timely work products in an environment where deadlines overlap
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate for continual improvement/Intellectually curious
- Flexibility to work past normal business hours as business needs dictate
- Previous work experience in a public sector, corporate or consulting environment is helpful, but not required
Diversity & Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness and welcome all qualified candidates. We strive to maintain an inclusive workplace, leveraging the power of a diverse workforce to deliver innovative solutions to our clients while maintaining an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with the law. Promoting and supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce is a win-win for Segal, its employees and clients and the communities that Segal serves.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identify or Expression/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.