Asst, Lab I - Histology - Tampa, FL - Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-830pm
The Histology Laboratory Assistant I position is an entry level position for an individual with little to no prior laboratory experience. The individual will perform very basic functions to aid in the preparation of histopathology samples. The individual will work under general supervision of trained, certified histotechnicians and/or histotechnologists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, perform routine activities involved in the preparation of histopathology slides.
2. Receive/collect, label and prepare tissue specimens for gross dissection.
3. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
4. Monitor inventory, requisition supplies prior to depletion, stock and maintain laboratory supplies.
5. Operate, clean, and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments. Maintain a clean workstation in the grossing area.
6. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
7. Responsible for all assigned clerical duties associated with the Histology laboratory.
8. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the company.
9. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
10. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
11. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
12. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School Education or equivalent.
2. Good clerical, organizational and communication skills.
3. Basic knowledge of operating non-complex instrumentation.
1. College level science courses
2. 1 year of histopathology or other laboratory experience