- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of all applicable customer agreements and regularly communicate with external customers regarding contractual rights and obligations.
- Inform external customers and internal teams of project statuses, procedural requirements and changes that impact the business relationship.
- Responsible for resolving tenant satisfaction issues relating to agreement compliance as they arise and ensuring consistent application of procedures.
- Coordinate with Landlord Relations department to resolve satisfaction issues with property owners.
- Negotiate standard form license agreement terms with customers, real estate documents with property owners, and coordinate with Site Leasing Management, Project Management, Operations, Site Development, Managed Networks and Finance to resolve escalated business and legal issues.
- Work with internal teams and external customers to identify land-related issues that may delay or inhibit a customer’s ability to license space at a particular location or delay negotiations relating to a ground lease.
- Prepare new license agreements, amendments to license agreements, ground lease documents, annex parcel leases, use authorization and consent agreements, memoranda of lease and consent and notice letters for land-related transactions in compliance with American Tower’s standards.
- Review and approve pricing of tenant contracts to ensure compliance with national agreements or market standards prior to distribution for customer review.
- Prepare legal analysis of and negotiate resolution of property owner transactions, and customer requests relating to terminations, renewals and assignments.
- Assist in resolving title curative issues, including but not limited to missing deeds, missing memoranda of lease/assignments, utility and access easement issues, mortgages, all liens except mechanic’s liens, probate issues, improper signature authority and issues concerning American Tower entities, working with external title companies as required, in accordance with departmental and company policy.
- Assist in assessing legal access and utility easement needs and draft easements and right of way documents.
- Negotiate resolution of customer issues related to non-compliance with license agreements, Coordinate with Supervisor, Asset Integrity to identify and resolve equipment-related discrepancies.
- Work closely with Site Leasing Management, Legal Operations, Collocation Project Management, Customer Accounting, Operations, Land Management, Finance, Services and Site Development, and Network Management to ensure constant open lines of communication exist in order to promote expeditious resolution of issues delaying contract processing.
- Ensure process efficiency and accurate and timely deliverables within provided cycle time goals.
- This position may require the incumbent to have discussions or negotiations with government officials on topics that may include: project implementation, challenging of interpretations, or advocating for or against existing or proposed legislation, regulation or interpretation of law.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions
- Self-motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions
- Good follow up skills, ability to track project progress and stay current on project status and milestones
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships both within the department and throughout the company
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to effectively resolve conflict in relation to agreement and contract compliance
- Attention to detail in the preparation and review of contracts and agreements; Strong legal drafting skills
- Strong computer skills; Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and familiarity with Access database
- JD and license to practice law (any state) required
- 1-3 years experience working with contract/license drafting and negotiation strongly preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 0-10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation (“ATC” or the “Company”) is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.